Queensland Based Private Hospital
This hospital had not conducted a cull of subsequent patient or deceased patient file for over three years, which became an OH&S issue within the hospital’s on-site records management storage area. Patient files were over stacked on open shelving and compactus systems which resulted in files falling onto staff.
- Large backlog of over 10,000 patient files to be culled
- Extra time was required by hospital staff to locate patient files as files has not been catalogued
- Delay in access to critical patient data
ZircoDATA provided a solution that allowed an on-site project team to remove and box all hospital marked patient files for culling.
- 3x ZircoDATA staff members formed part of the project team
- Created over 1,000 cartons of files within a 5-day period
- Cataloguing of all patient files was completed and then lodged into our Records Centre with data uploaded for access and retrieval via our ZircoBRIDGE portal
- ZircoBRIDGE access rolled out to 8 hospital information management staff
The hospital benefited from this solution by having improved data integrity and administration of patient files. They also saved on storage costs and gained valuable space.
- Data integrity greatly improved
- Easy access to critical patient files when required
- Saving on storage costs
- Gained valuable workspace